HW: Captured Rotation

Andrew Gilham Andy_Gilham at MSN.COM
Wed Aug 28 09:35:09 EDT 1996

Picked this up yesterday - pardon my cynicism about the punctuality of EBS
releases... :)

Anyway, it's quite a decent album - nothing on it "rocks as hard" as "Sputnik
Stan", if that's what you're looking for, but it's clear from the first bars
that it's a bass player's album.  It's never less than pleasant, and
occasionally quite driving and lively.  All instruments by AD, including the
lead guitar!

And Ron's presence on three tracks is welcome, too - not just to give the
album some more variety (I think it would have got a little samey without),
but because he's getting a lot better.  He's much more restrained than he was
on _Alien 4_, and he's actually _singing_ instead of just making vocal noises.
 A big improvement!

- Andy