OFF: deaths and drugs

Jerry stayer at PI.NET
Wed Dec 4 21:10:01 EST 1996

Martin said:

>Thain, I think, was in trouble with drugs and although I can't remember
>clearly, I am sure his death was drugs related.  I remember reading an
>article in Melody Maker in 1976 about people in the rock world who had
>died through abuse of drugs - and he was up there with Joplin, Hendrix et
>al.

Joplin died of alcohol - a legal drug...
Hendrix died of sleeping pills - a legal drug...
Hm...

There's a new type of discussion here in Holland about drugs - marihuana as
medicine. To everyone's surprise, some sort of health council declared
marihuana not applicable as medicine. Not only patients who use marihuana,
but also doctors were really surprised. Now we only have to hope the Dutch
government doesn't follow the advise, or else marihuana will not be covered
by social insurance...

Jerry