BOC, BRAIN: Last night's AOL Chat

Ted Jackson jr. EL84 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Wed Dec 11 14:17:21 EST 1996

>> From:          John A Swartz <jswartz at MBUNIX.MITRE.ORG>
> Subject:       Re: BOC, BRAIN: Last night's AOL Chat
>

> BTW, I happened to read a post on the AOL BOC folder from someone who
> claims that there are a few of us hear on BOC-L who "kiss Deb's and Al's
> butts" -- I think that person is misinformed.  Being a big fan of tBS

I've been on this list for awhile now, and I don't see much evidence
of that.  The only thing close is that BOC-L tends to needle BOC and
not tBS.  And, as you say below, that's 'cause tBS are active,
putting out quality albums and playing gigs [though not enoug to suit
me] {BTW, does anyone know why tBS don't play more gigs}  And, too,
since BOC haven't been active, it gives us more time to pore over
their past works.  And if we find fault...

Also, I think a lot of us are just plain enthusuastic for tBS, and
are happy to see Al kicking ass.  Nothing wrong with exuberance...

> and wanting to spread the word of their music has nothing to do being
> a butt-kisser.  As for me personally (the "equal opportunity boot-licker,
> or perhaps equal-opportunity butt-kisser in this case), I've done as
> much as I can to promote BOTH bands.  The difference between Al and BOC
> as far as some BOC-L members opinion of them boils down to this:  In
> recent history, Albert has released 3 albums; BOC?  But, I think that
> there are alot of people here on BOC-L very excited by the prospects of
> a new BOC album - some of it may be cautious optimism because BOC has
> had a bad habit in the 90's of announcing albums that never materialized.

John, they were doing that in the 70s!  EB was always off by as much
as a year when announcing new albums, even at the peak of BOC's
career.  Guess he just likes to bust our chops!

theo