NIK: Jackal and Nine

Ken Alexander kalex at EECS.UMICH.EDU
Thu Feb 1 22:38:09 EST 1996

ObCD:  Anubian Lights, _The Jackal and Nine EP_

The cover of this CD looks like it should have been a Spiral Realms cover,
it even has the same flying saucer as _Crystal Jungles of Eos_.
55 minutes is good for an EP.  There are seven tracks: bizarre and
remixed versions of songs from _The Eternal Sky_, and one live track.
I think this is mainly a Len Del Rio effort.

On first listen the tracks sounded simply like jarring remixes,
but after a few more listens, a strange thing happened and this CD
has been on my player continuously for the last few days.
If you like _The Eternal Sky_ and wouldn't mind some passages
from it twisted into new hypnotic forms, then you should get this.

Cleopatra Hypnotic CLEO 9666-2.