Imaginos :Black & Silver

Rocker22 at AOL.COM Rocker22 at AOL.COM
Thu Feb 22 14:44:25 EST 1996

>> I always thought that CBS didn't like Imaginos and would only release
>> Imaginos if it was a BOC album.  And BOC was cooperating with CBS under
the
>> terms of their contract.   So how did they shaft Albert when they
ultimately
>> helped get his solo album released?  By grabbing credit for the album
being a
>> BOC album?  It seems to me that one must remember that Imaginos came out
>> because of BOC.  No BOC, no Imaginos.
>>
>I think CBS would only back a new project if it was under the BOC
>aegis.  Then, when they heard how wild the record was, they gave up
>on  it as non-commercial.  MHO!  But--No Al, no 'Imaginos' either.
>It certainly was his project.  Even if he needed the BOC name to make
>the album, it's unfair for the band to try to consider it theirs.

Imaginos started off as an Albert solo album.  BOC was brought in when CBS
declined to issue the album as an Albert solo album.  I'm not sure BOC
considers it theirs.  They do not play any songs off Imaginos.  Eric's
comment ("If you want to hear Imaginos, go to a Brain Surgeons gig")
indicates they have no interest in the Imaginos songs.  They promoted it when
it initially came out, presumably because they needed to do so under their
contract.  No doubt they benefited financially from it.  However, since that
initial promotion at the end of the 80's, they have pretty much ignored
Imaginos.  So I'm not sure that (today) BOC considers it "theirs".

R.