HW: SR II ramblings

Bernhard Pospiech b.pospiech at POP.RUHR.DE
Fri Feb 23 10:11:56 EST 1996

Hi Chuck

You must know that SRII was recorded in Brixton, 30.12.1972
SRI was recorded in LIVERPOOL 22.12.1972  a n d  BRIXTON

I am sorry that you were informed by someone who doesn't know both records
(and HAWKWIND) very well

They are not complete different but partly different

Good examples are TIME WE LEFT and ORGONE ACCUMULATOR

On the SRI  is the LiVERPOOL recording
On the SRII is the BRIXTON recording (a bit longer (TWL))

>this version of Time is unreal!

Why? I can't see too much differences (It is one of my least favorite songs)

>(SPACE) What's with that?

Shit with that. Printed by people without knowing HAWKWIND (see also the
READING 1986 CD)

>Also, I thought Dave Anderson never again
>had anything to do w/HW after he left in '71 or so, but he's listed in the
>credits as one of the compilers.

See above.....and......he and Nik Turner were the main persons behing the
shit releases like YURI GAGARIN, ACID DAZE, REDICULE, IN THE BEGINNING and
many more dirt

btw: Dave Anderson played with HAWKWIND a couple of gigs 3 or 4) during the
EARTH RITUAL tour spring 1984 and HAWKON, Manchester 10.02.1985

Bernhard