BOC - 1/25/96 in Santa Cruz

Brenda Holloway brendah at MBAY.NET
Sun Jan 28 11:19:37 EST 1996

Rob Maerz wrote:

> Still, people were yelling for Astronomy and Buck's
> >Boogie, but they didn't play either...
>
> they still play those 2 songs at times...
> >

> >Eric announced a new song from their upcoming 1996 album (I've been
> >waiting for this new album since '92; it's always just about to come
> >out), but it was just "Harvest Moon" again. They usually play some songs
> >from "Bad Channels", but not tonight.
>
> I didn't see them play any Bad Channels songs in 95...Demon's Kiss is a perty
> decent song that grew on me, and would be an upbeat crowd pleaser, as well as
> the Horseman Arrive...they just added Harvest Moon to the set again, and it
> sounds alot better now than it ever did...HM is a good tune...
>

> >Anyway, on to "Before The Kiss, A Redcap", then another 'new' song, "I'd
> >Like To See You In Black".
>
> What was the crowd response to See You In Black?  everytime I've seen it
> played live it has gotten a great response...probly the best tune out of the
> new batch...
>

> >Eric announced that Alan would be playing guitar "on a stool!" for the
> >next song, "In Thee", and after a few guitar problems he started in (if
> >they're going to do songs from Mirrors with Alan, why not do "Lonely
> >Teardrops" with that neat Clavinet intro? Oh well...)
>
> Lonely Teardrops would probly never happen live...BOC had plans of having a
> 2-3 song "acoustic" set, but that never surfaced...the other 2 songs were to
> be She's As Beautiful As A Foot and the Great Sun Jester...If my memory
> serves me well, they did indeed play Sun Jester at least once live last
> year...I haven't heard much about plans for the acoustic set lately, but I
> hope they put Reaper in there for a change of pace...
> >
> >After was "Lips In The Hills" from 'Cultosaurus Erectus', the only song
> >they played from that album (they didn't play anything from 'Imaginos',
> >either -- is that because Al Bouchard isn't with them anymore?)
>
> from the mouth of EB "if ya wanna hear Imaginos live, go to a Brain Surgeons
> gig"
>

> >Then came a string of their hits - "Burnin' for You" (which I thought
> >they'd follow with "Still Burnin'" from something Eric said, but it
> >didn't happen), then of course...
>
> Still Burnin is another fantastic tune...I would like to see this one added
> to the set following Burnin For You and perhaps Dancin In The Ruins...

I think it's an absolute *natural* behind "Burnin' for You". I've never heard
them do "Dancin' in the Ruins" live.

> I heard that Take Me Away was going to be retired for awhile, but I never
> grew tired of seeing that one played live, much like ETI...ME 262 was a
> staple in the set in 95, and I am glad that they are taking that one
> out...hopefully they will be adding The Vigil this year sometime...

The Vigil? I'd like to hear that one. I only saw "Take Me Away" once, my first
time, with the extended intro... I've been waiting for it since. The second
time I saw them, they did "Golden Age of Leather", with the band gathered
together, with their beers, for the a capella intro. That was fun. At the end
of the set Thursday, when Allen held up his bottle of beer, I thought they were
going to do it again, but they just walked off the stage instead.

Brenda

--
---
[]]]]]]]] Brenda Holloway       brendah at mbay.net [[[[[[[[]