OFF: Re: Hawkzine #4/MM

RJPXR5 at AOL.COM RJPXR5 at AOL.COM
Sun Jan 28 17:25:43 EST 1996

hi -i have been to several(more than seven) monstermag shows.i once counted
the band
as perhaps my third favorite.with the exception of whatever new tracks are
included from latest albums,each show was IDENTICAL.down to dave's mock drug
induced stupor.
i saw dave pitch his guitar into the audience twice,in feigned anger.ive been
a fan since this band put out its first material,and own everything to date.i
think their music is awesome,even the hw rip-offs.but-
they are phony to the bonies.dave refused to do a hw cover for a certain
tribute album
while claiming to be better than they are.not all of their cd singles have
unreleased
material,and anyone who owns it all can plainly see the marketing
strategies.i bought a couple of EXTREMELY LIMITED edition eps,only to find a
week later that the market was flooded with these items,selling for 5-7
dollars less than i paid.dave pretends to be
a street freak/punk while he is actually a very serious businessman.i have
spoken to him as well.imo he's full of IT.i am also bothered by the fact that
wyndorf believes he is too big to allow fan recording.all of this is merely
my educated oppinion.take it or leave it.
i would recommend the music,but refrain myself for my personal convictions.
now,scott,as we all know,bob is not on-line.he is not blessed with the
opportunity to defend himself or even explain your statements about him.i, as
a very close friend of his,
would be grateful if in the future you could stick to voicing your own
oppinions and not those of absent friends.i mean you no offence by this.
for the record- the hawkzine #4 is titled "HAWK- U.S." that's {hawk- you
-ess.}
it is an authorized fanzine on which bob works very hard and expends
considerable resource.it is free-you pay postage only.
only once was bob forced to sell it at shows-he was given a loan to cover
costs,
and was on a deadline to pay it back.he charged a dollar a copy,but when he
discussed it with the band,they insisted he charge more and give them the
difference.
any way, it's cool.
scott thanks for mentioning the magazine.
good day all
rj