BOC - 1/25/96 in Santa Cruz

HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM
Sun Jan 28 21:09:59 EST 1996

On 28-JAN-1996 11:39:38.6 BOC-L said to HERBERT119
   >Rob Maerz wrote:
   >>
   >> In a message dated 96-01-27 12:29:08 EST, you write:
   >>
   >> Still, people were yelling for Astronomy and Buck's
   >> >Boogie, but they didn't play either...
   >>
   >> they still play those 2 songs at times...
   >> >

   >> >Eric announced a new song from their upcoming 1996 album (I've been
   >> >waiting for this new album since '92; it's always just about to come
   >> >out), but it was just "Harvest Moon" again. They usually play some
   >songs > >from "Bad Channels", but not tonight.
   >>
   >> I didn't see them play any Bad Channels songs in 95...Demon's Kiss
   >is a per ty
   >> decent song that grew on me, and would be an upbeat crowd pleaser,
   >as well as
   >> the Horseman Arrive...they just added Harvest Moon to the set again,
   >and it
   >> sounds alot better now than it ever did...HM is a good tune...
   >>

   >> >Anyway, on to "Before The Kiss, A Redcap", then another 'new' song,
   >"I'd > >Like To See You In Black".
   >>
   >> What was the crowd response to See You In Black?  everytime I've
   >seen it > played live it has gotten a great response...probly the best
   >tune out of th e
   >> new batch...
   >>

   >> >Eric announced that Alan would be playing guitar "on a stool!" for
   >the > >next song, "In Thee", and after a few guitar problems he
   >started in (if > >they're going to do songs from Mirrors with Alan,
   >why not do "Lonely > >Teardrops" with that neat Clavinet intro? Oh
   >well...) >
   >> Lonely Teardrops would probly never happen live...BOC had plans of
   >having a
   >> 2-3 song "acoustic" set, but that never surfaced...the other 2 songs
   >were t o
   >> be She's As Beautiful As A Foot and the Great Sun Jester...If my
   >memory > serves me well, they did indeed play Sun Jester at least once
   >live last > year...I haven't heard much about plans for the acoustic
   >set lately, but I > hope they put Reaper in there for a change of
   >pace... > >
   >> >After was "Lips In The Hills" from 'Cultosaurus Erectus', the only
   >song > >they played from that album (they didn't play anything from
   >'Imaginos', > >either -- is that because Al Bouchard isn't with them
   >anymore?) >
   >> from the mouth of EB "if ya wanna hear Imaginos live, go to a Brain
   >Surgeon s
   >> gig"
   >>

   >> >Then came a string of their hits - "Burnin' for You" (which I thought
   >> >they'd follow with "Still Burnin'" from something Eric said, but it
   >> >didn't happen), then of course...
   >>
   >> Still Burnin is another fantastic tune...I would like to see this
   >one added
   >> to the set following Burnin For You and perhaps Dancin In The Ruins...
   >I think it's an absolute *natural* behind "Burnin' for You". I've
   >never heard

Strange things is: When I saw 'em for the first time in Nov of '94, they
played "Still Burnin'" FIRST and then "Burnin'"... Didn't make much sense to
me.

Chuck
`[1;36;42mRainbow V 1.19.4 for Delphi - Test Drive