OFF: Sundial CDs (fwd)

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Tue Jul 9 22:35:41 EDT 1996

Alas, Chuck momentarily fell victim to the BOC-L reply monster.  I'm
forwarding on his message to the list, with his permission.

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: The Bevis Frond, _New River Head_

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 96 14:35:23 EST
From: cjohnson <cjohnson at sur1a.hpsc.hisd.harris.com>
To: paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Subject: Re: OFF: Sundial CDs

       *My* take on Sundial's recorded output:

       -->Must Haves:
       "Other Way Out" - first and still best (IMHO); out of print
       "Return Journey" - very fuzzy guitar outtakes from OWO
       "Acid Yantra" - good, but still outclassed by first two
       "Live Drug" - almost same tracklist as AY, but all live; very nice
             quality live recording, almost quiet in between jams

       -->Not Necessarys:
       "Libertine" - some good moments, overall only average
       "Reflector" - ditto

       There are also several EPs, a better one being "Overspill" (the
       hunted EP of late), and also "Fazer" (not as good).  The other two
       I am aware of are "Exploding in Your Mind" (2 songs from OWO) and
       "Bad Drug/Fairground" (pretty avoidable if you get AY).  Both
       "Overspill" and "Fazer" contain several new songs.

       I think there are also several odds-and-ends that have shown up on
       compilations.  For example, I think that "Succour" -- the Ptolemaic
       Terrascope fanzine 2CD -- contains a new Sundial song...

       Hope this helps...  :-)

       Captain Cloud
       cjohnson at sur1a.hpsc.hisd.harris.com