32 tracks

Tue Jun 11 09:40:58 EDT 1996

Mike lists his choices of what should have been on WOTT

I won't give a detailed commentary about all of it, and I've expressed my
opinions on WOTT before, but I feel I should say the following:

1.  As I've said before, to really cover all of BOC's best, WOTT had to be
at least a *3 CD* set - you just can't get all of BOC's best stuff, including
their singles, and a few rare things on 2 CDs.  IMHO, the following absolutely
needed to be part of this package:

a. Hot Rails to Hell -- This was a MAJOR sin of omission.
b. At least one or two tunes from *Imaginos* - "Astronomy", and "In the
Presence of Another World" were released as singles, so they needed to be
on there, and probably "I Am the One You Warned Me Of" should have been on
as well.
c. If they wanted to put the "Bootleg" songs on, then "Cities on Flame" from
that EP should have also been included.
d. Last Days of May - definitely should have been on.
e. Black Blade and/or Divine Wind from *Cultosaurus*, I would've liked
"Monsters" too.
f. Perhaps something from "Flat Out" should have been on the set.
g. They should of used the live (SEE) version of "Astronomy"
h. I would have prefered the studio version of "Harvester of Eyes", with
the musicbox seque into "Flaming Telpaths" kept intact.

2.  As I've also said before, this package really wasn't aimed at the hard-core
BOC fan, but the more casual listener.  It's pretty well-suited for that, but
for those of us who already have everything, this doesn't add much to our
collections.

3.  Debbie Denise?  Hmm... I don't think that should be on a "best of BOC"
package.  ;-)  However, I do like some of the other suggestions, most
notably "Lips in the Hills", "Quicklime Girl", "Nosferatu", "Unknown Tongue",
"Heavy Metal", and "Shadow of California".  I think also that the following
should be considered:  "The Vigil", "Tattoo Vampire", "The Revenge of Vera
Gemini", "Feel the Thunder", and "Death Valley Nights"

John