HW: first song (was 32 tracks)

Chris Bates C.D.Bates at SHEFFIELD.AC.UK
Tue Jun 18 04:57:28 EDT 1996

Andrew wrote:

> > Well, I suppose we could start a slew of "first song heard" messages.
> > ("Lord of Light" was the first HW song I ever heard, it made an instant
> > convert....)

I read *Time of the Hawklords* then saw *PXR5* in a shop, bought it and
quite enjoyed it. Then I got a tape of Live '79 and loved it - esp
*Lighthouse*, which I now know to be NOT a true HW song! I spent many happy
hours listening to that track, staring at the stars instead of revising
for my 'O' levels. Spookily enough, my gf found my tape of Blakes *New
Jerusalem* album at the w/e and was raving about how it was her
favourite album until someone stole it many years ago... and her fave track
*Lighthouse* of course!

> ObAdvice:  'Mummy, Daddy, said to me....Get a job!'

Aren't parents liars sometimes eh? :-)

Chris