HW: how about a brawl!!

Andy Gilham AndyGilham at AOL.COM
Sat Mar 23 15:28:50 EST 1996

Chuck said:

> A general consensus of all of
>Calvert's solo stuff would be cool, though -- Maybe a solo-poll is in order
>indeed.

Consensus?  About anything HW related?  You're kidding! :))

I'd have to say that while _Capt Lockheed_ is probably Calvert's best solo
album, the one I play most is _Hype_.  It shows his wordplay at its best, is
all music, and has an excellent band featuring members of Bethnal, Pete Pavli
on cello (there's no bassist as such), "Judge" Trev Thoms from ICU, and even
Nik and Mike M making guest appearances.  Fave tracks: "It's the Same",
"Ambitious", "Flight 105" - but they're all good, there's not a duff track on
the album.

- Andy