Club Ninja: Lamest BOC album.

Tox tox at WJH.HARVARD.EDU
Tue May 7 23:30:46 EDT 1996

The toxic boy feels compelled to leap into the miasma and ask:

Now that we've established that the vast majority of BOC-Lers hate Club
Ninja and everything it stands for, might I inquire whether anyone would
like to sell or trade a copy of CN (ideally CD or else cassette)? My Reasons:

1) It's out of print.

2) I'm a BOC freak and would at least like to own it for completion's sake.

3) I am rather fond of Dancin..., Perfect Water and White Flags (to a
lesser degree). Madness... has its redeeming virtues, and I've found that
Beat 'Em Up can be highly enjoyable if you just avoid taking it seriously
(i.e. just let go and feel the thunder). I concede that Make Rock Not War
blows, and that Shadow Warrior and Spy in the House of the Night kind of
meander without any useful point or emphasis. Nonetheless, they serve to
demonstrate that substandard BOC is still better than most music today.

That said, my own choice for Lamest Ever has to go to RBN, but for
reasons of personal choice. CN is a rock album; it's just a bad rock
album. RBN is dedicated to an 80's pop-ish style that I have no liking
for whatsoever. Take Me Away is worth the price of a used CD just by
itself, but the remainder of the album, even though it may technically be
"excellent standard-cut '80s pop", is still never going to sustain my
interest.

och, vell,    -tox