More 80's/90's segue-ing into BOC/HW

Jerry Guizar jguizar at EPIX.NET
Fri May 10 17:26:07 EDT 1996

In <m0uHytH-00011FC at ursa.cus.cam.ac.uk>, on 05/10/96 at 09:34 PM,
   "Carl E. Anderson" <cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK> said:

>> No - I'd say you've got a point, but 99% of the 'punk revival' stuff mad
>> quite appealing to listen to those old ABBA albums.  Or at least made th
>> look revolutionary.  For some *serious* attitude, dig out those old copi
>> the late 70's/early 80's bands like Crass and Conflict, and then wonder
>> you ever bought anything by the likes of Offspring or even (dare I say i
>> Nirvana.

>        Or look up the old Bevis Frond albums--Nick was "grunging" and
>beyond when Seattle was still a city only American beer afficiados knew
>about.

   I don't know about Seattle, but then I drink Grolsch. I'll have to dig
a few of those albums up. The punk stuff I listened to in that time frame
was Dead Kennedys, Agent Orange, 45 Grave, Christian Death. Of course
being a mailman, it's nice once in a while to jump in the car drive by
someone who pissed you off and crank up _Stealing Peoples Mail_ ;=)

Jerry
jguizar at epix.net