OFF: Jimi

Jerry stayer at PI.NET
Sun May 12 08:00:34 EDT 1996

>>>Paul Allen's Jimi Museum @ The Seattle Center is worth visiting,
>>>if you're visiting the Great Wet North.  Very visual...
>>Tell me more, please!

>The folks at the cemetary are very understanding,
>and I think they realize that they have the loose equivalent of Morrison's
>tomb, here in the States.  Jimi's memory lives on here in Seattle in a
>very large way...

Er, I hope that people in Seattle behave very differently from the people
visiting Morrison's grave in Pere Lachaise, Paris. I've been there twice now,
and it's a complete mess. Terrible. OK, it's nice to see so many people
bonded peacefully by someone's absence, but the mess they leave is a
disgrace. Every, and I mean /every/ tomb in a 100 yards area is marked "Jim
->" or likewise.

It's nearly thirty years now since he was buried there (if he ever was, of
course :-) ), and the people of the cemetary do not want to have him another
thrity years (it's done with thirty years contracts - don't know how it works
in the US). So, people in LA planned to get his tomb (or what's left of it)
over to LA. Hope the Doors will play there :-)

>The 'Hendrix Museum' that I mentioned was the creation of Paul Allen,
..

Fascinating!

>If you ever find yourself in Seattle, I would recommend a visit to the
>Hendrix Museum, which is located at the Seattle Center...

That would be a reason to visit Seattle once... I saw parts of California and
Nevada (South West) last Summer - North West is next. Or North East? :-)

>I wonder if Buck would be interested?  =)

I wonder...

Jerry