Rock Legends

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Wed Sep 4 17:51:46 EDT 1996

Christian Mumford writes:

> I had a one of those sleazy 4CD compilation sets called "Rock Legends"
> which had some Hawkwind and Blue Oyster Cult live material on it. I
> think the Hawkwind material was Space Chase (from Levitation),
> Brainstorm (from Live '79, I think), and maybe Earth Calling and a few
> other ones. The BOC stuff was a very cool live version of Born to Be
> Wild, which rocks so hard it sounds like everything starts crashing
> apart towards the end, and a live version of Don't Fear The Reaper. It
> also had some worthy Motorhead material on it. Does anybody know
> excactly the source of these recordings? Not the kind of thing I usually
> go for, but I was broke as hell and needed a quick fix of cheap 70's
> rock.....

I don't think this compilation ever made it into the Codex simply because
I wasn't prepared to buy 4CDs just to get 4-ish Hawkwind tracks that
already existed on albums (ooops - my Kollektors persona is clearly
showing signs of wear...).   I strongly suspect that the Hawkwind tracks
are all from their original albums but if anyone has the compilation and
would like to give the appropriate tracks a quick run through to check
this then we could update the Codex accordingly!

Dunno where the BOC items come from though.

thanx

I'll try and get round to Love In Space and add that as well.  Shouldn't
take long...

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk