OFF: Black Cardigans

Fri Sep 13 14:53:20 EDT 1996

>Along the same lines but not quite, does anyone know the name of the
band that did a song called 'Santa Claus' to the tune of 'Iron Man'?
Lyrics of note went: "Leave me cookies and beer and I'll be at your
house first next year."

That was the Bob Rivers comedy troupe (I think -I know it's "Bob Rivers"
something!).  It's on the "I Am Santa Claus" CD - they put out one a few
years earlier called "Twisted Christmas".  Both are pretty funny to listen
to around the holidays.  "Twisted Christmas" has the song, "The 12 Pains
of Christmas", which I'm pretty sure gets lots of play among the Dr.
Demento types.  "I Am Santa Claus" has the track you mentioned (which
besides being funny, is fairly true musically to Iron Man), and also has
an AC/DC-inspired song (might be called "Jingle Hells Bells") which musically
is a cross between the riffs of "TNT" and "Highway to Hell" with bastardized
lyrics from the song "My Favorite Things".  Twisted indeed!

John