OFF: Fu Manchu

Christian Mumford mumford at EUNET.NO
Wed Sep 25 03:37:11 EDT 1996

Keith A Henderson wrote:

> P.S.  Anybody know 'Fu Manchu'??  I think I heard a song of theirs in a record
> store recently.  It was a good song, very much in the Monster Magnet vein.  How
> do they compare?

Fu Manchu are more like a lo-fi, simpler Monster Magnet - good but not
as groovy as Monster Magnet is at their best IMHO.

I have their album 'In Search of....', which is their most recent one. I
don't know anything about their previous releases.

BTW, has anybody heard of the band Sleep? Apparantly they are a
MM-esqe/heavily infuenced by Black Sabbath type band on the Earache
label. Curious to know what they sound like (there was a reference to
them in a Dave Wyndorf of Monster Magnet interview).

Christian