HW: upcoming shows, questions etc.

Keith Frazier kfrazier at NCSA.UIUC.EDU
Thu Aug 21 09:27:19 EDT 1997

At 07:04 PM 8/20/97 -0500, you wrote:
>So is anyone from the list going to be in Chicago at the Cubby Bear?  What a
>lame place to see a band!  True to form, Cubby Bear hasn't promoted the show
>at all (In fact if you call them you can't even get any information) and
>tickets are not available in advance.  The Hawks played there in 1990 and it
>was ok (followed the next night at the notoriously awful dive The Thirsty
>Whale), but it is mainly a sports bar, not very sizeable or anything.
>
>Question:  if I go to the Strange Daze Festival, will I be allowed to exit
>and return after paying at the gate?  I don't want to be trapped for two
>days, but would like to retreat to a hotel or somewhere.
>
>Does anyone know where I can get a Griffin CD edition of "This is Hawkwind
>Do Not Panic:  Stonehenge"?  Griffin stuff seems to have disappeared.
>
>John Majka
>flossbac at wcic.org

Myself and a brother from Boulder, Co. will be going. I live a few hours
south of Chi town so looks like I head up early to make sure I get tickets.
The local Chart Records have the griffin releases available. I talked the
owner into finally getting hawkwind, ozrics, and Porcupine tree. He seems
to only get the domestic releases though. There is also a local source for
imports, but the price is a bit high.

Keith
Keith Frazier
Desktop Support Group