OFF: Gigs to be rated?

Horse Whisperer beautiful_foot at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Dec 16 09:00:24 EST 1997

>Problem is, most liberals
>dont mobilize to the same extent as conservatives.  Probably because
>they tend to be more individualistic and less concerned with banding
>into voting blocs...
>
>theo

Yeah, the majority of people who are well(ish) adjusted to life are to
laid back to mount any kind of concerted public assault, whereas
minorities are awfully fond of their soapbox preaching.
There's a kindof similar situation here in the UK.  Conservatives, who
used to be in power, spent the last 3 years of their administration just
dealing with scandals, infighting and sleaze, and just not running the
country, so we just ticked over, or at least only went downwards
slightly.  Now Labour has got into power, by a massive majority, because
the average liberal punter had got so thoroughly fucked off with
everything that they finally got off their areses and voted the
Conservatives out.
But now Labour's in power and on the strength of one really charismatic
leader.  So everyone is saying how wonderful he is, and how wonderful
Labour government is.
But underneath all this loveliness and wonderfulness, every single
aspect of choice is being altered and nobody is noticing.
In the name of making things better, the gov't is taking food from
mouths and then telling the unemployed to get a job (in a nutshell).

I dunno.  Politics, huh?  It's my life they're screwing with!

Chris.