tBS: Jam Session and other things which go bump in the night

Alex S. Garcia artefact at IMAGINET.FR
Thu Jan 23 17:11:19 EST 1997

>Regardless of whether this is entirely true or not, after 20 years of
>punk, hard rock, and heavy metal, we shouldn't be surprised that people
>might "burn out" on the current sound, and in searching for a change of
>pace, "discover" acoustic music, symphonic rock, grunge, etc.

And let us not forget folk music, which had a brief time of glory in the
late 80's, early 90's, with Suzanne Vega, Eddie Brickle, Tracy Chapman, and
several other artists. Too bad the movement didn't last longer... I would
trade any techno-babble (!) horror anytime for a good old folk song :-o

Alex S. Garcia.

Become a Patternwalker ! Visit Corwin's Pattern...
  http://members.tripod.com/~Mandor/
  (with links to the Icarus Encyclopedia, Artefact, Rock
  In Progress, Slash, Micronos and more to come...)