BOC: Extraterrestrial Live

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Mon Jun 30 09:20:15 EDT 1997

>We don't mention this album much, do we?

Well, despite the below it still has many flaws, from song selection to...
other stuff.  Some tracks aren't even worth comparing to other versions, like
'Black Blade'...  But the VotPW is enough to make me pull it out now and
then.

>When I first bought it I was quite disappointed. In fact, I thought it was a
>very ordinary piece of work. Didn't play it for years. Then I picked it up
>again about 2 years ago (I guess) and discovered how GOOD some versions
>really were, especially VotPW, ETI (though I'd probably like any version of
>this one) and Reaper - I even started thinking more kindly about Dr. Music.
>Anyway, now I say that this VotPW is one of the highlights of all BOC music.
>As Andew said, the vocals set the mood, and Buck's soloing, well, it never
>fails to send a shiver down my spine. And perhaps because it's a live
>recording, I like the sense of "space" I get, as in open landscape or
wasteland.

and I especially like the artwork on the back of it...  That's one I'd like
a poster of.

>ObCD: Argus - Wishbone Ash

Great album.  especially "Warrior"...

Andrew A. Apold (mordru at magg.net), aka  |
Roger Shrubstaff, Guildmaster of Reeves |
Barony of Silverwater (BL), Amtgard     |
aka Asgrim Dragon -=UDIC=-              |
 "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random