OFF The Air that I Breathe

Dane Carlson dcarlson at ONECOLOR.COM
Wed May 14 10:11:47 EDT 1997

After a fair amount of discussion I returned home to read the article again. The Oxygen Bar is already in place in Japan, as they have bad air problems. Whether this is a free service I do not know, but it is in Japan, where everything is expensive and nothing if free. The article concerned LA. It seems the owner of this club has a similar club in Canada. There was also mention of different Oxygen Clubs. One was nose plugs, $16 for 20 minutes. Another club had a "oxygen rich environment" and private booths if you wanted seclusion. Of course the Fire Marshall isn't too happy about an "oxygen rich environment", but time will tell. Both clubs stressed, Healthy LA lifestyles as the reason for opening them there. It seems mostly like a trendy, hip, upperscale thing to do. Medical opinion saw very little of value healthwise. Consider, many of these Healthy LA types probably Jog or walk, so with the heavy resperation that goes with these activites probably breathe in even more crap than non-active healthy LA types.

Dane
NP: Ambient Time Travelers - various