BOC: The Reaper in SCREAM

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Wed May 21 02:07:39 EDT 1997

>I just saw the film SCREAM tonight at the local 2nd-run cinema, so someone
>may have pointed this out already (but I can't recall anyone doing so).
>Anyway, at the start of the 2nd scene you can hear a slow, acoustic
>version of "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" playing as background music.  It's
>not immediately recognisable as such, but it's the ol' BOC classic all
>right.  I looked up the soundtrack on the Internet Movie Database, and the
>song is done by Gus (whoever that might be).

I went and got the soundtrack just to throw in a completist bin.  Actually
I sorta liked many of the other tracks.  Gus did okay, I guess, but
wimped out before even attempting the middle part of the song.
And without the end part, it loses its whole point.

Roger Shrubstaff                   ==   To dwell within Samsara, however
Barony of Silverwater                =   is to be subject to the works of those
http://www.magg.net/~mordru/silver.htm=   who are mighty among dreamers.
(Andrew A. Apold)                   ==    - Mahasamatman