HW: DH artwork (wasRe: HW: Swindon show)

gingoblin at EASYNET.CO.UK gingoblin at EASYNET.CO.UK
Fri Nov 14 10:58:19 EST 1997

>> I've not seen mention of the cover yet... does anyone else think the whole
>> cover/booklet has the look of one of the dodgy compilations? It's gotta be
>> some of the worst artwork for a "real" HW album I've ever seen.
>
>I think it's quite good - certainly way ahead of Electric Tepee, Space
>Bandits, Xenon Codex, CotBS, ...
>
>Dave.

Each to their own I suppose! Maybe I don't like it as much 'cos I know how
easy it is to give pictures that "carved in rock" effect, and have seen it
used a bit too much lately (of which I am guilty!).
Grey isn't the most eye-catching colour though (and a grey promotional
poster is a really bad move!), and I have to say I like all those covers you
mentioned (apart from Chronicle... mind you!). I notice no-one gets a credit
for the cover, which makes me think someone just knocked it up, rather than
following any sorta "design concept". At least the other covers seems to
have had some time and effort put into them. DH looks like the result of a
"design a sleeve in an hour" competition (IMO!). Great album though... a
grower rather than an immediate fave I think.

Dave