HW: Covers ???????

Dan Witt hawkwind1 at EARTHLINK.NET
Thu Nov 27 15:04:26 EST 1997

> one of these is the Daniel Lanios track entitled something along the lines
> of 'Where the Hawkwind kills' and having got this album and listened to it
> twice I can say there is no HW link, either stylistically or thematically.

This is interesting.  This is the second time of heard the word Hawkwind
used as a word to describe something besides the band.  About 10 years
ago a college friend of mine had the Apple computer game 'Ultima IV'. It
may heve been V or VI, but somthing around there.  Anyway it was similar
to a middle ages role-playing game, but it was a computer game. I was
reading the manual for it one day(out of boredom probably) and it
mentioned the following: " When your character becomes seriously wounded
and requires healing you will need venture into town and visit the local
HAWKWIND to be healed".  This quote isn't exact but very close and the
word used was definitely hawkwind, and in the same context.  So from
what I gathered the game was using Hawkwind as a word synomonous with
shaman.

This could possibly be the meaning of the word in the lanois song.
Anybody else ever heard the word Hawkwind used to describe a healer?

--
DAN WITT
ST. CLOUD, MN -- MINNEAPOLIS, MN