More Imaginos

Troy Harris fiskare at WEBCONCEPT.COM.AU
Fri Nov 28 21:35:14 EST 1997

At 12:20 PM 28/11/97 -0600, BREVARD, Adrian R. wrote:

>3. Give it that modern progreesive metal sound and even the alterna-kids
>club may fall in love with this.  I'd love to hear Jon Oliva and Paul
>O'Neil bring their signature grandiose style to Imaginos.

 The alterna-kids don't buy Savatage either.
 They will probably never get into BOC.
 Have you ever been to a hardcore gig?   The kids want excitement, not talent.

>4. Is what you point out below, some of todays popular talent gives it a
>fresh feel.  Go beyond a Ty Tabors involvement and bring in pepole live
>Oliva, Zak, John Myung and of course todays version of Buck with a
>commitment to the project and it blows the doors off the original.

 A real wheeze fest.  : )
 How old is Ty Tabor?  About 45, I think.  Great player, to be sure.
 The only way to get such a project to sound modern is to re-write the whole
thing.  Imaginos sounds 80's, and when it was released originally, it was
already seen as old style metal.
  A modern producer would be essential, too, so that puts a real spin on the
whole idea.  A Pearlman album produced by someone else.

>This is just my take on the whole matter and I wish Al could find the
>time, means and support to do this.

  It never sold the first time, I don't think it would sell this time around.

 Leave Imaginos as the pure, awesome album it is.   If a project were to
happen, let's hope it would totally different.

   Troy

 Obthings:  broke for Xmas- two HW cds, BDB vid, new Judas Preist,
Scorpions, MSG, Mogg/Way,  Nik, HawXstar, and all the rest makes me wanna
take a part-time job at 7-11 just to pay for it all.

 LONG LIVE FRANK MARINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>L8er
>lil ab
>
>"I believe that situations all depend on circumstance." - Chance,
>Savatage
>
>OB Amazement - Bootleg Marino?  Oh its to die for!
>
>>ObCs- Frank Marino- Washington DC 12-82
>>Scott

        Troy Harris

        PO Box 18  Mornington, Victoria, Australia , 3931

        +61-3-5985 85 86

        fiskare at webconcept.com.au
        tlh at rubens.its.unimelb.edu.au