OFF: Heathrow/London help

Ron Jennings sprawl at STARLINX.COM
Wed Oct 1 21:29:24 EDT 1997

Frank Weil wrote:
> Second, can someone please suggest a good destination in London given
> that we will have a total of only two or three hours there?  We have
> both been to London before (but it has been a while).  We were
> thinking of going to an area like Piccadily to have lunch and walk
> around.  Does that sound reasonable?

stay at the airport.  that is not enough time to see anything worth
seeing, and when my wife and i were there we cut it about as close,
and when we were arriving, they were putting the rope across the gate.
we were amazed that they let us on the plane.

if you must go, give yerself at least a half hour more than you think
you will need, and be sure to know EXACTLY where you need to be, and how
to get there.

if u ask me, you are trying to do too much, in too little time.
also, bear in mind, the tubes can be closed at any point at any time.
bombings and bomb scares. we had one when we were there, and couldnt
even get a cab to take us to brixton, despite the law that said he must.

good luck, whatever you decide.
rj

BTW, where is the honeymoon?