OFF: Heathrow/London help

Andrew Gilham Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM
Thu Oct 2 04:44:19 EDT 1997

> if u ask me, you are trying to do too much, in too little time.
> also, bear in mind, the tubes can be closed at any point at any time.
> bombings and bomb scares. we had one when we were there, and couldnt
> even get a cab to take us to brixton, despite the law that said he must.

Yeah, but Brixton's south of the river.

I presume Frank will have already checked in for his connecting flight?  And
a lot depends on how quickly he clears immigration.  But I wouldn't wish 5
hours at Heathrow on anyone.

I had a 5-hour layoff at Istanbul once, took a taxi into town, checked out
Hagia Sophia and the Topkapi Palace (which ruled!), back in plenty of time
for my connection...

- Andy