HW: Ambient Anarchists

Stephen Lindsey stephen at SPATIALWARE.COM
Wed Oct 8 16:17:36 EDT 1997

> Can anyone clue me in on "Douglas in the Jungle" ?  Or are they just
> throw-away ditties that no one would possibly rank with the rest of
> Hawkwind's catalog?
>
> I feel like I've missed some kind of joke...

You mean like:

"They're on their knees, those chimpanzees....." ??

Always cracks me up !!

Actually its a lost classic, lyrics wise (all about Doug Smith)  and I still
claim theres a hell of a lot more going on in the background (low or buried
vocals) thatn anybody has ever figured out, but its not terribly musical.....

Duh-Duh-Duh-Duh Dum-Dum   repeat ad nauseam

Steve L.