OFF: Coded Languages

Daniel Wikdahl mpj95wid at MC.HIK.SE
Wed Sep 10 22:42:06 EDT 1997

At 01:08 AM 9/11/97 +0100, you wrote:
>Hey guys
>
>Without wishing to appear xenophobic here......

[all Swedish... snip!]

>I really enjoy reading all the OFF subjects (when I can understand
>them) and I honestly don't mind folk chatting in languages I wot not
>of!   But could I possibly ask you to either (a) put a warning in
>your header that the following message is unreadable to anyone whose
>language is (I regret to say) solely and unremittingly English and
>I therefore need not bother with it or (b) provide a translation-
>cum-glossary as a postscript at the end to enlighten my ignorance?

Oh, the discussion were about *nothing*, really.
Please excuse us...

>Tak (which I think is the Norwegian form)

Maybe, I dunno the spelling in Norwegian... but "tak" means "roof" in Swedish
..."tack" = "thank you"

                suss gott -Daniel

"Vadå jultraditioner? Hos oss har vi nya traditioner varje år" (CG)

Daniel Wikdahl
Kaptensgatan 2a
S-39 236 KALMAR
SWEDEN