BOC: Re: Heaven Forbid, I'm back!

Laj Waldner erebus7 at DLCWEST.COM
Wed Dec 16 14:39:31 EST 1998

Bolts of Ungodly Vision wrote:

> At 08:03 AM 12/16/98 -0800, you wrote:
> First, welcome back.
> >
> >I've been a BOC fan since 1974, am a (minor) contributer to the BOC FAQ and
> >well.., enough about me.. Does Al still post here? Are the same old
> >arguments still raging? Does EB still have his guitar too loud? Any word on
> >going back into the studio? Will the US impeach Nix..., er, Clinton? How do
> >you avoid static cling? How about them Broncos?
> Answers: Occasionally. tBS are working on a 2 CD release for sometime next
> year.Sometimes.Don't know, but his voice is back.Nope.Not yet.Carefully.No
> comment.
>
> >Also interested to hear what any of you old time fans think of Heaven
> >Forbid... I will hold off on posting my opinion, not wishing to start off on
> >the list with anything controversial just yet.
> Not being an old time fan, it's hard to be at the ripe old age of 23 (ha!),
> It's better then Revolution by Night productionwise (for the most part),
> lyricwise... could be better. Too much repetition for my tastes. Buck is
> rockin' and from what has been said recently, there are 2 covers for the
> disc. Yay.  I feel that except for a few songs like "see you in black,"
> "Harvest Moon," and "In Thee," the disc lacks the intensity of their
> previous efforts.. that commitment to rock n' roll.  Ah well.  So post away!
>
> Assemblin' a BRAINFAQ,
> Jason
> "It is only beginning with me that the earth knows great politics."
>         -F.Nietzsche, _Ecce Homo_

If I was to pick three songs off of HF, they would have to be "Harvest
Moon", One of Bucks greatest songs with some of the best lyrics I have
ever heard. "X-Ray Eyes" a fast and feverish lick which is trademark
BOC. Finally "Real World", that riff is just so good, with "Power
Underneath Dispair" getting an honorary mention, aggressive riff with
that very cool tempo change in the chorus. This album is probably close
to the bottom lyrically, with the obvious exception "Harvest Moon", and
the worst lyrically being "Hammer back". But musically I think the whole
album is grand, and compared to few BOC albums that came before this
one, it's nice to see them back on track, can hardly wait for the next
release. I think im going to order the European release to get the other
cover, wonder if the spelling of "Dispair" is different over there ;-).

Laj.