HW: Bob sings, Nik sings (was: Your captain is dead, part 2)

sprawl sprawl at BLACKBOARD.COM
Wed Feb 11 02:28:40 EST 1998

Doug Pearson wrote:

> on 'Quark...' and 'Hawklords/25 Years On' everything

on quark...  doesn't brock do most of the vox on microman? i don't know, but
when he sang it in 95 it sounded an awful lot like the original vocals.....

> Allegedly, Paul Rudolph and Alan Powell threatened to quit during the
> recording of the "Back On The Streets"/"Dream of Isis" single unless Nik
> was removed.  Brock and Calvert then used this as an excuse to replace
> Rudolph and Powell with Adrian Shaw (after the single, but before 'QS&C').
> It seems rather convoluted and confusing to me, leaving numerous unanswered
> questions, but isn't that always the way HW presonnel changes work out?

also, according to nik: huw lloyd was a large force in the decision, quoted as
saying"im sick of him stepping all over my leads!"  (with the sax.)
rj