OFF: Tangerine Dream

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Thu Feb 19 17:29:54 EST 1998

John,

The TD remasters, all of them, are a joy to listen to. Everything from
ELECTRONIC MEDITATION to TYGER / LIVE MILES has been redone (except for
SORCERER, which is on MCA and EXIT, on Elektra) and all of the ones that I
have heard have been improved, some dramatically, some not-so dramatic. Some
of the re-releases are easy to find in the US, but the re-masters of the
group consisting of PHAEDRA / RUBYCON / RICOCHET / STRATOSFEAR are only
available as imports to the US (be aware, the Griffin releases of FORCE
MAJEURE and CYCLONE are NOT remastered; rare, perhaps, improved, no.)

If you have the 2CD issue of POLAND, don't rush out to replace it with the
single CD version, as there is a complete track missing and a significant
editing job done elsewhere on another. Boycott this one, I did...

BTW, if you are not aware of it, there is a 4-CD , uhhh, "rare track
collection" called ELECTRONIC ORGY, which you should make Priority ONE in
obtaining. I have this boo, uhh, rare collection and it has just about every
rare recording since 1972. Wanna hear "Ultima Thule Pt. 1 & 2"? it is here.
How about the tracks from the "70-80" box set, yup, they are here too!
Tracks from the KLEM cassettes and CD? Got 'em!! About the only thing that
is missing is the half-hour "Quinoa" track (but you can find that on the
MYSTERY TRACKS VOL 1 CD). Cost is around US$70 +/- $10. The CD's are 70+
minutes each, so you are going to get your money's worth!! Limited to about
500 copies, so ACT NOW!!

More info if you want it...
Craig Shipley                        craigs at siemens-pyramid.com
Siemens-Pyramid Information Systems, Inc.
1100 Johnson Ferry Rd. NE                                Suite 400
Atlanta, Georgia 30342                              (404) 845-3404
Corporate Voice Mail                      (800) 333-5754 x-2023