OFF: Ozric Tentacles

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Fri Feb 20 16:07:55 EST 1998

On Fri, 20 Feb 1998, Horse Whisperer wrote:

> after listening to Space Ritual), and my first thoughts were of a
> seventies-feel Hawkwind with nineties technology and techniques.
> But after that, I realized HW were just one of a big list of influences
> on OT.

It's probably fair to say that Gong and Steve Hillage are a more
pronounced influence on Ozric Tentacles---more so than Hawkwind.  OT
also throw in a bit more 'o the ethnic feel, too.  But, as others have
pointed out, the overall result is SPACY!

I never found an OT album I didn't like.  I've heard many people say
"heard one, heard 'em all", though.

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band, _Trouble Is..._

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

"I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time"
        --- James Marshall Hendrix