Hello

Tue Jan 6 16:26:18 EST 1998

>It hasn't been the first time, though, right?  The folks on the other
list don't seem to have much sense of humor, do they?  What's the
buzz on tBS over there?  Heresy to support Al, or grudging
admiration, or outright adulation?  I suspect that tBS are a taboo
topic over there?

Well, which "other list" do you mean?  I assumed you meant the AOL BOC
board, where Eric and Buck participate.  This recent flamewar we are
talking about occurred on USENET (alt.music.blueoystercult).  It is not
really heresy to support Al or tBS anywhere, although on the AOL BOC
board, some would prefer to keep such talk out of their board - they don't
mind Al posting and discussing BOC stuff, but most times the tBS stuff on
AOL is in the tBS folder - where an enthusiastic tBS-lovin' crowd hangs
out (many of whom also participate on the BOC AOL board).  As is the
case here (most of the time), discussion of past issues and who's to
blame are kept to a minimum - hey, it's more fun to talk about the good
times than the bad.

A few years ago, BOC-L got a knock from Eric as being "negative" on the
AOL BOC board -- unfortunately, Eric was getting second-hand information,
and I suspect that if he tried participating here for awhile, he'd find
that we aren't all that evil - and I will continue to dispute such notions
that aren't based on actual experience.

John