HW:Origins of Assassins of Allah.

M S Wright M.S.Wright at READING.AC.UK
Sun Jan 11 11:48:52 EST 1998

Dear HW experts, and comix fans

I have recently bought a collection of Bryan Talbot's early comic strips
(entitled The eX-directory, the secret files of Bryan Talbot!, published
by Knockabout Comics, for those of you who care). He started off doing
underground comics before getting on to Luther Arkwright (inspiration for
such fantastic musical oddities as 'The Luther Arkwright Experience') and
other more mainstream stuff. However his 1st commercial strip was
published in 1976 and is called Hassan-i-Sabbah. The strip 1st appeared in
Seed, then in Homegrown. As the HW track was recorded in Feb 77 it is
possible that Bob read about it in this strip, bearing in mind the company
he used to keep in those days. Can anyone enlighten me to the first
appearance of the HW song or lyrics? I know it is unlikely, but I am keen
to find any firm links between HW and Bryan, other than his studio being
called Brainstorm studios, and publishing in Brainstorm comix.

Thanks

Mike w

P.S. Of course there is the link that Mike Moorcock did two introductions
to The Luther Arkwright books, one a stream of names that didn't seem very
useful, and a better piece that is laced with Mike's politics that has
just been published in the 'Tales from the Texas Woods' collection).