OFF: Starship Troopers (was Classic Rock)

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Tue Jan 13 08:32:37 EST 1998

In article <Pine.GSO.3.95q.980113114457.12236B-100000 at exeter>, Hardman
DK <D.K.Hardman at CITY.AC.UK> writes
>I can't quite figure Moorcock out on this score. He's always claimed to be
>anti-censorship, yet at the same time is a strong supporter of Andrea
>Dworkin in her anti-pornography crusade (and she most definitely does want
>to censor what we read, see and hear). I'm amused that Moorcock is also
>apparently a friend of J.G.Ballard, who is most certainly
>anti-censorship & anti-Dworkin, and has been quoted as saying that
>when he dies he wants to leave his testicles to Andrea Dworkin  :)

There was quite an in depth discussion a while back about precisely this
matter on the Nomads list. I think the conclusion was reached that Mike
(bless his heart) was in fact a little ambiguous when it came it came to
his stated position on censorship issues and his unequivocal support of
Dworkin. Still, you can be friends with individuals and still hold
different views. Once I even had a friend who voted Conservative, can
you believe that? It was a long time ago though. <grin>
--
Jon
ObCD Spacemen 3 - Spacemen ARE GO!!