HW: Two questions

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Tue Jan 20 05:44:58 EST 1998

In article <005301bd251c$05ff6ea0$0adddedf at spock.dmsgalh.com>, Steven
Davies-Morris <davmor at DELTANET.COM> writes

>Isn't this true!  Nobody's catalog has been ripped off..er..*reissued
>sans band involvement* <grin> as much as Hawkwind, with the
>possible exception (perhaps) of Sweet.

I think probably the Small Faces lost more than just about anyone. They
lost 100% entirely *everything*. It wasn't until Kenny joined The Who
that he had any money to legally pursue Immediate and even then it took
another what, 10 years to get anything. Ronnie Lane lived in abject
poverty with Multiple Scerosis for nearly 20 years after writing a
couple of the most beautiful albums ever recorded, including the
psychedelic pop masterpiece Ogden's Nut Gone Flake. Rotten Bastards.

The Hawks by comparison haven't really done too badly in this respect,
having lost control of only the one set of tapes, I believe, to Trojan.
It looks worse than it is because it's the same tapes over and over.
Anyway, The Hawks legit releases bleed me white as it is! I'm still
waiting for the EBS - CD releases of Sonic Attack and Choose Your
Masques to drop below £16/$25. Sorry, but for Sonic Attack, this will be
the fourth time I've sprung for this album and I'm not paying more than
£10/$15 this time. So guys, if you're reading, time to move these two to
mid-price!
--
Jon