HW : well HUW / Widowmaker

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Jan 22 09:08:54 EST 1998

In article <TFSKCLJA at system3r.se>, Ola Nyberg <ola.nyberg at SYSTEM3R.SE>
writes
>*Ariel* like in the Little Mermaid and *Bender* as in stringbender or
>what? I wouldn't want to be called *Luther Grosvenor* either, but Ariel
>Bender... Gimme a break.
>
>Ola

No, Ariel like a) appertaining to the sky   b) The angelic Name or c)
the elemental from Shakespeare's The Tempest ...and....

Bender like a) 4-day-drinking binge or b) ambigous sexuality. basically
gay. <both English slang probably> It genuinely took some guts to call
yourself a bender in the early '70's.

anyway, it doesn't matter what it means as much as how it sounds. It
sounds to me like some sky-writing hallucinating stunt guitarist but
each to his own. I'm indifferent to the man's guitar but *dig* that
name!

--
Jon