HW : well HUW / Widowmaker

Allan T Grohe Jr Allan.T.Grohe.Jr at MAIL.SPRINT.COM
Thu Jan 22 09:53:43 EST 1998

Jon,

I've got one of the Widowmaker lp's--don't recall offhand which
one--and I thought they were pretty lame:  cheesy metal all the way (or
so I recall, I've probably not listened to it in 3-5 years).

Allan.
----------

From:  jon
Sent:  Wednesday, January 21, 1998 9:03 AM
To:  BOC-L
Cc:  jon
Subject:  HW : well HUW / Widowmaker

Has anyone got either of the two Widowmaker albums that Huw did during
his 10 year absence? Are they worth tracking down? I have this vague
recollection of seeing them on The Old Grey Whistle Test when I was
about 10 in '75 (or thereabouts) and thinking they were OK but time
wounds all heels. I was reading the HW entry in Adrift In The Ether last
night. I never knew that **Viv Prince** filled the drum stool on
occasion in the early years. Viv is, apart from being the Pretty Things
drummer, a cock-er-nee rock'n'roll semi-crazed legend personal hero of
mine. Wow, man, like, Viv Prince. Cited as a role model for Kieth Moon,
his drumming was "positively revolutionary".
--
Jon
OBCD Pretty Things - Unrepentant (with Viv on the cover, the day after