OFF: CMC in Details

Goran Janicijevic simplius at SOFTHOME.NET
Tue Jun 23 15:10:43 EDT 1998

On Tue, 23 Jun 1998 11:37:41 +0000, Nick English <nick at THECAMPUS.COM>
wrote:

>people. The artists get 100% creative control. An exec with one of
>the major labels (I forget which), was questioned about CMC's
>methods. Overall, he said he really admired their strategy. But as
>far as the creative control thing, he said there's no way he would
>have let some of those CMC artists put out the albums they did.
>No one was mentioned specifically, but I'd love to know who he was
>talking about and why he felt that way.

Maybe he thought about all. 90% of the CMC artists were from the
beginning of the 80's distinguished as "conservative" by the post-punk
critycists [all but BOC ;-) ].

Anyway, that CMC strategy yields results in quality, especially in the
case of the old sharks, as BOC, DP, or Yes.
Goran Janicijevic
<simplius at softhome.net>