OFF: ok, now it's Armored Saint

Scott Heller shll at HAGEDORN.DK
Tue Mar 3 01:50:43 EST 1998

Hej,

>>I'm still looking for _Delerious Nomad_ on CD ("Nervous Man" is a
>>great track).  As I know almost nothing about the band, what's the
>>story re: leukemia?

You should b e able to find this, as I have seen it around quite a bit in
the states. Great lp!!

>Well, sadly, the guitarist on "Delirious Nomad" (Dave Pritchard)
>was diagnosed with leukemia 8 or 9 years ago and died.

This was quite sad as he was a really talented guitar player and a really
nice guy. I got to know these guys a little bit as I interviewed then back
in 1985 when they opened for mEtallica in a small club in El Paso. I also
did an interivew with Lars Ulrich in a pancake house at 1am after the show!
I met up with them again on the Delerious tour in Albuquerque and then in
87' I went out to LA got to see them rehearse and hung out at Joey Vera's
place. Nice guys. I saw them two other times while living in the bay area.
I think the combined blow of working so hard and not really making (thus
John Bush left for Anthrax) and the death of Dave, killed the band. One of
the best US metal bands ever in my opinion!

>and in case you're interested, the bass player from AS (Joey Vera) is
>a member of Fates Warning now and played on their "A Pleasant Shade
>of Gray".....excellent album, and last but not least, supposedly Joey
>told someone at a Fate's concert that AS is going to do another album
>soon

Maybe Fates Warning would be worth giving a listen to again if Joey is in
the band. Glad to hear that Saint might still exist!

SCott

oBCD- Domlock Sandhill- Cosmic Soul!

R. Scott Heller PhD
Hagedorn Research Institute