OFF: Pound Hound - Help Me Ted

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Thu May 14 12:21:06 EDT 1998

Ted>hey Ghost... check this out!

you know that the new KX is expected sometime around the beginning of
Fall.....well someone from Metal Blade posted at the FW ng that that's
about the same time the FW live album should be out...and there's talk
of a King's X/Galactic Cowboys/Fates Warning tour this fall!!  and Ty
has already announced that they're going to start touring in October!!!
maybe you ought to start wheeling and dealing now for another kitchen
pass from CinC House, eh?

this really sucks though since I'm supposed to be moving to the UK in
July........
Ted

Say this ain't so puhlease?  This presents some really serious problems
for me, far beyond CinC - House.  You put these three bands on the same
ticket and...

1) A club like Jaxx is gonna charge some really inflated ticket prices.
Small capacity and huge demand only work for the venue owner.

2) How the hell is anybody gonna be able to see this if you ain't at
Ticket Bastards with your sleeping bag days before show goes on sale.  I
don't have a sleeping bag!

Both Fates and GC tore up Jaxx, Fates PSoG tour more recent of course.
Then KX and GC flattened the Bayou under the bridge in G'town.  Don't
think KX  likes Jaxx, they always seem to hit the Bayou.  Fates pulls
great crowds at Jaxx.  Which venue are they gonna choose? IMHO both of
these venues are way too freakin' small for a show this big.

Now as far as CinC-House you got that right.  One possible saving grace
and this is a stretch.  I have to take her to the Earth Wind and Fire
Gig, end of August (Not a bad deal as I love to see these guys play too)

- and -

Gary Hoey better stop in this burg before the KX/GC/FW gig.
Possibilitiy of getting some All Access badges for this one, (Gary's
such a kewl dude). If she got to see that show from behind the stage and
hang out with Gary, I'm good to go.

If I could get this double header in CinC- House won't even realize I
left for the night to froog with KX.  Hey maybe if they added Dream
Theater to the mix somehow they could do an outdoor arena tour, would
have to be quick though.

Pull some strings for me Ted.  BTW living in the UK you're gonna have
some great benefits too.  While there keep an eye out for some of these
guys:  Threshold (I'll give you a sample with the Savatage package) Pink
Cream 69 (dumb name but they can rock) Helloween (former lead singer for
PC69, now fronts Helloween making them awesome.) and Pretty Maids.  Lots
of great bands in Europe that you can't find over here.  Your CD
collection is gonna grow.

Theo>Hey, he looked like shit 20 years ago, but he's still one of the
coolest dudes in rock...

Too true and I bet he's scored more than any ten guys on this list
combined, well maybe five.

As an Axe wielder Theo who would you say has the better chance of
scoring big, Lead Vox, Lead Gtr., bass or drums?  Don't be shy, tell us
the truth.

Ghost in the Ruins

36 hours to the start of Spawn, 2nd series on HBO.  Bastid that I am in
case ya'll are wondering first episode is Spawn vs. Chapel, the long
awaited showdown.  Thought I'd ruin it for ya hehehehehehehehehehe

CHR. this evil thing is fun man.