BOC: 7 Sreaming Dizbusters

brian halligan brianh at PULLEYN.COM
Tue Sep 8 13:20:05 EDT 1998

Ghost said:
>> 1. Don't like this song and never listen to it.

>While I appreciate taste is entirely personal & unique, I find this
rather
>intriguing. 7S D-Bs is practically *the* definitive BOC song of their
early
>work - sinister lyrics, spooky atmosphere and some great playing.

I would say this is true for the live version on "On Your Feet..."  The
studio version is somewhat "sour" sounding to my ears.  Especially the
"evil sound" which is made far too evil by Eric's out-of-tune
accompaniment to the organ! ;-)  And the live version showcases the
band's tongue-in-cheek nature, "Hey Lou- loverboy" and "And he don't
mean Reed" come to mind.  The improv between Buck and Al top it all off.

>What's there not to like - its got all the attributes that made BOC
what they
>were !

In this case, I'd have to say yes and no.

>Tim

Brian

Brian Halligan
mailto:brianh at pulleyn.com
http://home.earthlink.net/~halligan/wicker.html

"We are drawing a moustache on the wanted poster of the face of music."
-Fierce Wicker