BOC: Dissin' Diz Busters?

Albert T Bouchard ir004728 at MINDSPRING.COM
Thu Sep 10 20:38:30 EDT 1998

Laj wrote:

>sometimes crack a joke or two :-). I don't think Buck would be a better Jazz
>musician, I couldn't hear him doing that, Jazz is a very technical form of
>music I guess and when it comes to technicality none are higher than Buck,
>but I have always hated Jazz, it always seemed to "random" for me, Bucks
>unique and original guitar playing was just another thing that set them
>apart and above the rest of the crowd. About groove, definitely, no other

Buck's dad, Don Roeser Sr., (Buck is Don Roeser Jr.) is an excellent JAZZ
sax player. He has played semi-professionally all his life and Don Jr,'s
first experience playing in a band was sitting in with his father. Buck's
first musical vocabulary was jazz. I'm sure he could be a jazz giant if
that's what he chose to do.