HW: Atomhenge/Quark Night

Pospiech, Bernhard Bernhard.Pospiech at DSM-GROUP.COM
Thu Sep 17 07:29:00 EDT 1998

Hi Mark

>Obviously, I haven't been following posts that closely recently - where can
>I get hold of the Quark Night In Paris CD?

Ask Henrik Hallgren

>Finally, I understand that Hawkwind have a live '76 CD in the wings - does
>anyone know what the recording date of the gig is?

It is from the September/October 1976 Astounding-tour, maybe Bristol
27.10.76

>Even more finally, is there a good quality CDR of HW at the Camden Music
>Machine (1977) available? I made a minidisc transfer from my tape and it is
>reasonable quality but I suspect there is an earlier generation tape
>floating around out there. Any pointers anyone? (BTW, this gig is awesome -
>the band really clicks into gear and never let up).

HAWKWIND played Camden twice during their short June 1977 tour (10.06.1977
and 11.06.1977). Do you talk about the 1st or the 2nd gig?

AFAIK no CD-R exist from both tapes. It sound as if the original tape from
the 1st day was a soundboard tape. I do have from this gig two tracks in
excellent soundboard quality (Damnation Alley and Uncle Sam) but the other
track have only the quality 7-8.

I'd give my left arm to get the complete original mixingdesk recording.

Bernhard