OFF: Comebacks

Si Halley sihalley at VOSSNET.CO.UK
Sun Sep 20 17:47:39 EDT 1998

Subject: Re: OFF: Comebacks

>    I know a bunch of people who saw Alice Cooper in London a
>year or so ago and they were totally blown away by the show!
>Apparently, he's quite good these days ...

I just have to jump in here. I`ve seen Alice some 30 times now and IMHO the
second night at the Astoria this year was THE best show I have ever seen by
anyone, ever.
Ok, I`m a bit biased(see url below) but I have seen hundreds of bands over
the last 18 years or so and seldom seen anything close to as good or an
audience so into the show.
I was front stage center against the barrier with the guy who brought the
snake for Alice to use on stage (all the way from scotland!)
IMHO Alice is currently playing the shows of his carreer and would recommend
them to anyone. Even though all that`s left of this tour is a few shows in
October :(

Also, Alice is about to hit the studio for a new studio album, and has been
working on a album with oscar winner Alan Menkin (think the names right)
which is supposed to be excellent though details are sketchy. It`s a concept
album based on the Seven Deadly Sins with Menkin doing the music and Alice
all the lyrics and vocals.
There is also a tribute album coming out in a couple of month put togather
by Bob Kulick which features, among others Roger Daltrey, Ronnie James Dio,
Def Leppard, Jack Bruce, Dave Mustaine.

Si

-----
"I`ve got 'some' answers to 'most' of your questions!"
The Alice Cooper Trivia File -
http://village.vossnet.co.uk/s/sihalley/intro.html
My Tubes Page - http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Mezzanine/7998/