HW: Aliens (was Re: Ledge of Darkness????)

Andrew Dawson adawson at CLARA.NET
Tue Sep 22 15:43:40 EDT 1998

At 23:03 21/09/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Cliff and Pam Wheaton writes:

>> Here's what my bud told me:
>>
>> "Aliens" is a four track EP consisting of - I believe - a remix of one or
>> two tracks from Alien4 and a couple of live cuts. I can't remember off

To which Jill replied

>If you could get a definite list this would be interesting  - also, if
>you see it, a brief description of the sleeve and a note of the label.
>It *does* sound rather like the AreaS4 ep but different from the digipak
>and I wonder if it was perhaps issued in the States under a different
>name with a different tracklist.
>jill

O.K now to confuse matters even more.

On checking the CD Zone listing they list the following

Aliens double limited LP EBSLP 118
Aliens limited digipak CD EBSCD 118

As you may have spotted these are the catalogue numbers for the EBS
releases of Alien4
But also listed is

Alien4 ESBLP 118
Alien4 ESBCD 118

Very similar but with the B & S reversed

Now checking at CD Now
They list Aliens as a release on Griffin Music / Gopaco but no cat No is given
Checking the Griffin site (Updated 7th July) there is no mention of Aliens

As neither Alien4 or Area S4 has been released by Griffin I suspect it is
going to be one or the other. At the moment my money is on Aliens being the
Griffin release of Alien4.

Wish someone would buy it and put us all out of our misery <bg>

Andy

Andrew Dawson
adawson at clara.net
Into Hawkwind ?
Then check out the Worldwide discography.
http://home.clara.net/adawson